Village of Williamsville House Rehabilitation Loan Program (in collaboration with the Town of Amherst)
How Can the Program Assist Me?
It allows low to moderate income homeowners make necessary repairs to their home with an interest-free deferred loan (grants of $5,000 available to income qualified veterans). The loan does not have to be paid back until the homeowner either sells their property, transfers title of the property, no longer resides in the property or refinances their mortgage.
Who Can Participate?
- Homeowners in the Village of Williamsville who are income qualified
- Homeowner must be owner of record with the Erie County Clerk’s office a minimum of 2 years prior to rehabilitation application being accepted
- The property has to be owner-occupied, one or two family dwelling
- Local property and school taxes must be current
- Mortgage or home equity loan payments must be current. Households with a reverse mortgage are not eligible
- The property owner must carry adequate homeowners insurance and where applicable, flood insurance
- Home assessment must be less than $200,000
For More Information:
Town of Amherst
Community Development Program
Funded by the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development