The Village of Williamsville during its meeting on Aug. 27 designated the Lehigh Valley Railroad Section House, a structure built in 1907 and located at 150 Milton St. near the Lehigh Valley Train Depot.
The village’s Historic Preservation Committee nominated the structure for historic designation in 2017.
Currently, the Village Board is working with Natale Development Company to begin repairs to the structure. It is planned that the developer will use their contractors to complete selective demolition to the interior of the Section House, in addition to minor exterior repairs, and updating security, and adding new utilities.
As HPC works toward possible state and national landmark designation for the Section House, it is the village’s intention to seek additional historic grant funding to rehabilitate and revitalize the structure for it to become part of a historic Train Depot Complex.
The Lehigh Valley Railroad Section House, built in 1907, was designated as a historical landmark by the Village Board on Aug. 27.