WILLIAMSVILLE, NY (October 26, 2022) – The Department of Public Works has initiated its seasonal pickup of residential leaves and will continue through October, November, and December.
Please note the following per the public works’ policy:
– Leaves must be placed curbside, in the tree lawn between the street and sidewalk, NOT in the street.
– Leaves and yard waste cannot be placed in plastic bags.
– The piles should contain only leaves; do not place items such as branches, sticks or other debris on or in the piles.
– Crew members will not collect leaf piles that contain other debris because it could cause machinery to malfunction.
– Pick up of leaves will continue daily in the village throughout the season unless inclement weather occurs. There is no need to call for a pickup.
– There is not a set daily route, but the vacuum truck will reach all properties in the village multiple times during the season.