The pool’s date of opening and closing is determined by pool attendant availability, as most are college students returning to school in late August.
The wading pool is generally open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Hours of operation are weather dependent.
Parking is available on the public streets surrounding the park. There is no restroom in this park, but there is a port-a-john.
The role of the Wading Pool Attendant is to provide a safe and enjoyable experience at our wading pools. The Wading Pool Attendant works with patrons to ensure an understanding of the pool rules. The Wading Pool Attendant has complete authority with the emphasis on safety first.
Wading Pool Rules
For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, the following rules apply to the Village of Williamsville’s wading pool:
- The wading pool is for children 12 and under
Children must have a parent, guardian or caregiver 12 years of age or older actively supervising them at the pool
- Active supervision includes being in the water with the children within arm’s reach
- Children arriving onsite without suitable supervision will be asked to leave the wading pool area until they can return with an appropriate parent, guardian or caregiver
- Wading pool use is prohibited outside of posted hours or when wading pool is unattended
- Pollution of pool is prohibited
- No diving
- Appropriate swimwear is required
- Non-toilet trained infants and toddlers must wear swim diapers (no regular diapers)
- Wading Pool Attendants have complete authority
The following are NOT permitted at the wading pool site:
- Glass containers or food within the pool area
- Play that may be deemed hazardous to other persons (i.e. running, roughhousing, spitting, spouting water, etc.)
- Alcohol or drugs
- Abusive or profane language
- Bicycles, skateboards, in-line skates, scooters or similar items
- Water guns
- Large inflatable toys
- Anything deemed inappropriate by the Wading Pool Attendant(s)
Wading Pool Closures
Our wading pool may be closed throughout the day if any of the following conditions arise:
- The weather turns to thundershowers during the day
- Lightning and/or thunder are present
- Water, electricity, access to a phone for emergencies, first aid kit are not available
- Foreign material, such as glass, fecal matter, vomit, or blood is found in the wading pool water and has the potential to affect pool water clarity and quality
- Maintenance issues
- Unavailability of Wading Pool Attendant(s)
- The wading pool does not meet Erie County Dept. of Health requirements
- Any other safety concerns
- Reasonable effort will be made to post changes in the pool schedules and/or closings on the Village’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/williamsvilleny; however, due to last minute circumstances, this may not always be possible
Bathing Capacity at Wading Pool – 75 Bathers
- “Maximum bathing load’ means the total number of persons permitted in a swimming pool or other water recreational facility at any one time
- Bathing loads are established by the Erie County Health Dept.
- For the safety of all patrons the bathing load will be enforced by the Wading Pool Attendant
- If a person arrives on site and the wading pool is at capacity, they will be required to wait until space becomes available