Special Permits And Forms (Click to Open):
- Mayors Permit Application(also use for food trucks)
- Snow Plow Permit
- Freedom of Information Legislation (FOIL) Request Form
- NYS Committee on Open Government Freedom of Information Law
- Tax Bill – Change of Address
Administrator: Judy Kindron
Phone: (716) 632-4120 Ext. 3005
The Village Clerk’s Office is overseen by the Administrator/Clerk-Treasurer. Duties of this position include providing overall direction, coordination and control of the day to day activities and operations of the Village, oversight and coordination of the activities of all village departments. The department also consists of a Deputy Clerk, Deputy Treasurer, Secretary to the Mayor, and Account Clerk-Typist.
Functions handled through the Village Clerk’s Office include:
- Handle all resident inquiries, or refer to the appropriate village official or department head
- Prepare agendas and minutes for Village Board meetings
- Oversight of Village elections
- Budget preparation and filing with NYS
- Tax preparation and collection
- Records management – maintain control of all records, including Village Board minutes, committee minutes, capital projects, easements, election, legal documents, etc.
- Respond to Freedom of Information Requests
- Issue Mayor’s permits, park shelter permits, snow plow permits, etc.
- Coordination of events on Island Park
- Hire and oversee pool attendants
- Act as Registrar of Vital Statistics and maintain all related documents
- Oversee Bonding
- Prepare and have legal notices printed
- Filing of Local Laws
Judy A. Kindron was appointed by the Village Board in January 2019 to serve in the position of administrator/clerk treasurer. She was the village’s deputy treasurer for 11 years. Kindron has a business administration/accounting degree from the University of New York at Buffalo. Kindron previously worked at Wurco, Inc. in North Tonawanda, where she was the office manager. Kindron previously held the position of treasurer for her children’s elementary school and Cub Scout pack. She resides in Amherst with her husband and five children.
Deputy Treasurer: Michelle Battino
Phone: (716) 632-4120 Ext. 3007
Michelle Battino was appointed by the Village Board in September of 2021 to serve in the position of deputy treasurer. Battino has a Bachelors of Science degree in business administration/accounting from Buffalo State College. Battino previously worked at Redi Carpet as their office manager. She has also previously held the positions of financial counselor and accounts payable/receivable.