Special Permits And Forms (Click to Open):
- Mayors Permit Application (also use for food truck permit)
- Snow Plow Permit
- Freedom of Information Legislation (FOIL) Request Form
- NYS Committee on Open Government Freedom of Information Law
Administrator: Lynda Juul
Phone: (716) 632-4120 Ext. 3007
The Village Clerk’s Office is overseen by the Administrator/Clerk-Treasurer. Duties of this position include providing overall direction, coordination and control of the day to day activities and operations of the Village, oversight and coordination of the activities of all village departments. The department also consists of a Deputy Clerk, Deputy Treasurer, Secretary to the Mayor, and Account Clerk-Typist.
Functions handled through the Village Clerk’s Office include:
- Handle all resident inquiries, or refer to the appropriate village official or department head
- Prepare agendas and minutes for Village Board meetings
- Oversight of Village elections
- Budget preparation and filing with NYS
- Tax preparation and collection
- Records management – maintain control of all records, including Village Board minutes, committee minutes, capital projects, easements, election, legal documents, etc.
- Respond to Freedom of Information Requests
- Issue Mayor’s permits, park shelter permits, snow plow permits, etc.
- Coordination of events on Island Park
- Hire and oversee pool attendants
- Act as Registrar of Vital Statistics and maintain all related documents
- Oversee Bonding
- Prepare and have legal notices printed
- Filing of Local Laws
Prior to becoming the Village Administrator/Clerk-Treasurer, Lynda Juul served in the position of Deputy Treasurer for more than 8 years. In this position, she oversaw most of the day-to-day accounting functions, and acted on behalf of the Administrator in her absence. Lynda holds a Bachelor’s degree in Finance from Rochester Institute of Technology and an MBA from the University of Buffalo. She is a member of the NYS Government Finance Officers Association and the New York State Society of Municipal Finance Officers.
Lynda lives in Amherst with her husband and three children.
Deputy Treasurer: Judith A. Kindron
Phone: (716) 632-4120 Ext. 3005
Judith A. Kindron serves in the position of Deputy Treasurer. Judy has a Business Administration/Accounting Degree from the University of New York at Buffalo. Judy came to us from Wurco, Inc. in North Tonawanda, where she was the Office Manager. Judy has previously held the position of Treasurer for her children’s Elementary School and Cub Scout Pack.
Judy resides in Amherst with her husband and five children.