Paying Court Fees: Cash is accepted, but only in person by visiting the Court Clerk’s Office at Village Hall, 5565 Main St., Williamsville. To make a payment by credit card, download the form below:

Credit Card Details: Please note we accept Mastercard and Visa only. All credit card payments are subject to a 2.99% convenience fee. Payments can be made by mail, fax, or at the Court office. We do not accept payment over the phone.

Court Office Hours: 8 AM – 3 PM (closed 12:15 PM – 1:15 PM)
Court in Session: Fridays at 9 AM
Phone: (716) 632-0450
Fax: (716) 565-0342

Village Justice: Jeffrey F. Voelkl
Associate Village Justice: Walter R. Pacer Jr.

Court Clerk: Morgan Krauss  |  Email:

The Village of Williamsville court system is responsible for legal matters within village boundaries. The court consists of a Village Justice elected by voters to a four-year term, an Associate Village Justice appointed by the Mayor to a one-year term, a full-time Court Clerk and a part-time Court Clerk.

For general court help & forms provided by the state, please click here.

The court hosts arraignments for the Amherst Town Court under special circumstances

page jump

Duties include (click below for more info):

Rules of the Village Court

  • Cell phones and/or electronic equipment are not allowed in the building.
  • No backpacks, bags or luggage are allowed in the building.
  • Please dress appropriately for the dignity of the court. No sunglasses or hats are to be worn in the courtroom.
  • No food or beverages are allowed in the courtrooms.

Directions To the Court


How do I post a bail?

Bail must be posted at the facility where the defendant is being held. You may contact the Amherst Police Department at (716) 689-1311 or the Erie County Holding Center at (716) 858-7636. Do not lose your bail receipt. It is your only proof of bail posted.

What is the purpose of bail?

The defendant you are bailing out must report to court on the adjourned date and time written on the bail receipt.

What if the Defendant doesn’t show up for court?

If the defendant fails to appear, a warrant will be issued for his/her arrest and bail money may be forfeited.

Will I receive all of my bail money back?

All bail money posted is subject to a 3 percent fee authorized by section 99-M of the New York State General Municipal Law.

When can I get my bail money back?

Bail money will be returned when the case has been completed.

How do I make arrangements for the return of my bail money?

  • When the case is completed, contact the court office at (716) 632-0450 to arrange for your return. It can take 7-10 working days before the bail money is available for return from the court.
  • Only the person who posted the bail can pick up the return from the court and he/she must have proper identification. Your bail receipt will be collected at this time.
  • To avoid an unnecessary trip, be sure to call the court at (716) 632-0450 to make arrangements before arriving at the court to pick up your bail money.

Can fines be paid from my bail money?

Only the person who posted the bail can sign the funds over for the payment of fines. This can be done at the court.

(back to top)

Certificate of Disposition

How do I obtain a Certificate of Disposition / Conviction?

In Person

  • Come to the court office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
  • You will be asked to complete a form requesting the certificate and show photo ID.
  • Be sure to include the exact date(s) of arrest and as much information regarding the case as possible.
  • There is a $5.00 fee which can be paid in cash, money order, Visa or Mastercard.

By Mail

  • Download and complete the Certificate of Disposition / Conviction Request Form.
  • Be sure to include the exact date(s) of arrest and as much additional information regarding the case as possible.
  • Enclose a copy of your photo ID
  • If there is a possibility your case may be a sealed record, be sure to complete the bottom portion of the form which will allow the sealed information to be accessed.
  • Your signature must be verified by a notary public for the release of sealed information.
  • Mail the completed form to Williamsville Village Court, 5565 Main Street, Williamsville, 14221 along with a money order for $5.00 made payable to the Williamsville Village Court and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

If you have any other questions, please call (716) 632-0450.

For a criminal background check, you must contact the Amherst Police Department.

(back to top)
page jump

Traffic Tickets

When do I have to appear for court?

  • Any Misdemeanor offense – you must report to court on the date written on the ticket.
  • Any Violation offense – The ‘return by date’ on the ticket is not a court date, it is just the date to have your plea entered by.  A plea must be entered on the ticket where indicated and returned to the court by mail or in person before the date stated on the ticket. To enter a plea, complete Part A for Guilty or Part B for Not Guilty. Your correct phone number and mailing address are required.

What happens if I plead guilty?

  • A guilty plea will result in fines and/or surcharges being assessed. A fine letter will be mailed to you. Please be sure to give us your correct mailing address and phone number.

What happens if I plead not guilty?

  • You will receive a court date to appear (Fridays at 8:30 AM).
  • You will be required to pay the fines on the day of court.
  • The court accepts payments in cash or by credit card.

(back to top)
page jump

Parking Tickets

How can I pay my parking ticket?

  • Parking tickets can be paid by mailing in a money order or your credit card information (Visa or Mastercard only), or in person at the counter of the Court with cash, money order or credit card.
  • Please note, credit card payments are subject to a 2.99% fee in addition to the fines & surcharges.

How do I dispute a parking ticket?

  • You may submit a not guilty plea in writing on the ticket (by checking the not guilty box) or by submitting a letter.
  • Be sure to include a current address and phone number, ticket number and plate number for the vehicle in question.
  • The ticket can then be mailed or submitted in person and a court date will be assigned to you.

(back to top)
page jump


  • The Court needs to remain impartial on the case and is unable to assist in the execution of the required forms.
  • You may want to hire an attorney.
  • If you do not hire an attorney, you may download forms at
  • After the three day demand is served, you may obtain available eviction date from the court.
  • Serve the petition.
  • File the notice of petition, petition and affidavit of service.  Filing fee is $20.
  • Bring a completed warrant and judgment (if applicable) to court for Judge to sign, if found in your favor.

(back to top)
page jump

Small Claims

A Guide to Small Claims can be found at

Click here to download or print a Small Claims Application

Who can file a small claims case in Williamsville?

  • To bring a claim to Williamsville Court, you must be an individual or DBA. (LLC or Inc must go to Commercial Small Claims in City of Buffalo).
  • Also the person you are bringing the case against must have a mailing address in the Village of Williamsville and the claim must be $3,000 or less.
  • (Any claim $3,000 to $5,000 must go to City Courts in Buffalo, Tonawanda or Lackawanna).
  • Once filed a court date will be assigned and papers will be served.

What are the filing fees for a small claims case?

  • $10 for claim of $1,000 or less.
  • $15 for claim of $1,001 to $3,000.

(back to top)